Friday, April 20, 2007

from Janessa

(if you got our mass emailing this will be a repeat)
Hi this is Janessa Colburn, I am six now and I go to kindergarten. I love my teacher Miss Wroe. She teaches me all kinds of new and fun projects and we get to do crafts and color a lot which I love, and we are doing math now and learning Spanish and I love those too. There is only one other girl in my class and seven boys. But we all have lots of fun learning to read, write, and doing math. I also love Awana and Sunday School! I love to sing and we even learned a jewish dance for the Easter play I LOVE catching bugs and worms, and snakes, and lizards. And when I’m not catching them I am arranging the containers for when I do catch one. I have a hard time when they die though. I get pretty attached to them. This week Alysha found a frog and she “gave” it to me (well actually I begged and pleaded and manipulated her until she consented to calling it mine) but when I was trying to “fix up” it’s cage I thought I’d give it a warm water bath and I accidentally cooked it in the warm water. That was pretty traumatic for me since I didn’t know that it wouldn’t like my warm water and I didn’t know that I would kill it. I cried for a good hour over that precious little frog. But today Alysha found my snake that my friend Annika had caught and given to me, but it had gotten out of it’s cage somehow. So I’m happy again cause at least I have one critter. I also LOVE to do crafts. I’m not sure how catching bugs and critters has anything to do with crafts but I love them both. Every day I ask my mom what kind of craft I can do. she-she (Alysha) is into crafts too but she’s still to little to use my box of scrapbooking stuff cause she will ruin everything, just everything! I love to play with Micah and Alysha as long as they play what I want to play and how I want to play it. Sometimes I do what my parents are trying to teach me to do and I try to be kind and use kind words with them, but it’s soooo hard. I also love hearing “REAL” stories that my dad tells us at bedtime. Instead of reading fiction books to us at bedtime he has started telling us stories about him and his brother and his parents growing up. And even some stories from college, and stories that he knows about mommy too…we all love it Especially the story about Uncle Mark getting fouled at the end of an important basketball game and shooting two free throws to win the game. We even have motions to that one. Alysha is the puppet that daddy moves as he is telling the story and it is sooooo funny. Pretty much everything we do with daddy is funny, unless we need discipline L. Well, I have to go now because there are a lot of bugs outside right now that I need to find and catch to feed to my snake (gardener snake).

No comments: